Ever wonder what you can do to get your “sea legs” back after the boat has been tipped over and jossled about? You have heard about being grounded and getting back to center. There are many paths to grounding – meditation, visualization, self-Reiki, yoga, prayer…
And with whatever method you choose, you can add essential oils to your usual go-to routine. I use Young Living Essential Oils and I refer to several oil blends here.
What do I mean about “acute emotional distress”?
You receive bad news of some sort- someone dies, you lose your job, you have been betrayed, you received a difficult health diagnosis- maybe the news isn’t taking you completely off your axis but you are not feeling steady and you have things to do, tasks to finish, people you must interact with-
First- remember to lean in and allow your body to speak to you. What does your body need for self-care? Most of the time during acute emotional distress we need rest…
And then we can engage in our methods I discussed above- and add an oil regimen for a few days that can help “right the ship” so to speak.
Here is my recipe:.
- Immediately: Peace and Calming behind the ears, Stress Away on the wrists, Valor on the soles of your feet.
- Diffuse: Valor – full on for a few hours- switch to Grounding for a few hours and once you feel steady, diffuse Present Time– this might be the next day.
- While diffusing Valor keep up with Peace and Calming behind the ears, Stress Away on the wrists, Valor on the soles of your feet.
- While diffusing Grounding, try to rest. Take a nap. Get a good night’s sleep. While sleeping, continue with Peace and Calming behind your ears and place Thieves on the soles of your feet to boost your immune system.
- While diffusing Present Time use Joy over your heart.