100 CPD/Clock Hours
The Certified Cyber Therapist credential granted by the Online Therapy Institute is a credential rooted in clinical theory and application regarding the delivery of telemental health. As co-founder of the Online Therapy Institute I am offering the course of study to graduate level clinicians in the United States and Canada. If you are from another country, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is self-paced and online with reading assignments, audio and video. After each completed assignment the student receives individualized tutoring and mentorship. This telemental health training is available in the UK, US and the across the globe.
The course is formed of 20 modules, the lessons in which are:
- Course Structure
- An Introduction to working in Cyberspace
- Theory 1: The Concept of Presence
- Theory 2: The Online Disinhibition Effect
- Theory 3: Written Communication Skills
- Theory 4: Anonymity and Fantasy
- Ethics 1: An Introduction to Ethical and Legal Aspects
- Ethics 2: Assessment and Intake Forms
- Ethics 3: Informed Consent and Privacy Notices
- Ethics 4: GDPR or HIPAA
- Ethics 5: Social Media and maintaining a responsible online presence
- Practice 1: Working Asychronously with your client using email
- Practice 2: Working Synchronously with your client using chat/IM
- Practice 3: Working with your client using telephone & audio
- Practice 4: Working with your client using video
- Practice 5: Client closure and discharge
- The future: Virtual Reality and Holograms
- Business Building: Taking your service Online
- Endings: Final Coursework
- Endings: Final Live Assessment
- Endings: Final resources lists
Online Therapy – more to know than the legal speak
This certification includes HIPAA legalities because we need to know how to practice legally. And we need to know how to practice ethically. That is likely not different than similar training the world over.
What is different about our course is that we also keep a keen focus on theory, clinical application, cyber culture, delivery via email, chat, audio and video and we discuss the future of therapy- some of that future is already here- avatars, holograms and the like.
We teach the nuances of working online. Even clinicians who are already practicing online often say, “I didn’t know what I didn’t know.” We just recently updated the content as we want to be as up-to-date as possible.
Learn at your own pace
This course offers a 100 Clock Hour Certificate and for licensed practitioners in the US, 60 hours of continuing education is available . We have created two separate versions of the course to cover the issues specific to the two countries. But we have also had students from Australia, Canada, Africa and Kosovo to name a few so don’t be shy if you are from another part of the world.
The course is self-paced and online. Once you are qualified (graduate level therapist)and registered you will be introduced to a series of readings, audios and videos and asked to reflect on what you have learned throughout the course. Your assignments will be reviewed with individualized feedback throughout. You are mentored as you learn.
Read testimonials from students who have completed the Certified Cyber Therapist training. Receive the best mentorship from global experts.
Click Here to read testimonials
Once you have purchased the course you will be asked to fill out a registration form with the following information:
Criteria for acceptance onto the course
Please be sure you qualify before you make payment. If you are not sure, email me at email@example.com. Once you have paid, you will complete the student record form within the course with a $50 non-refundable fee should you not qualify.
- Contact information
- Proof of an advanced level post-graduate qualification in mental health (UK Diploma, Master’s Degree, Doctorate or State license number). Counseling students and those with non-post graduate qualifications are also accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Membership of a recognized professional body with an ethics code or equivalent
- Professional Indemnity information (if you do not have Professional Indemnity/ Liability Insurance, you may still proceed).
- If not able to practice independently, clinical supervisor or workplace manager name and email is required.
Pay in Full $750.00